“Women have to prepare for birth in their own heart and soul not their head . . . giving birth is something a woman does in her body, not in her head.” - Pam England
What is unique about Birthing From Within® classes?
I invite you to expand your understanding and beliefs about birth during this class and your personal preparation. Clients describe Rhythm of Birth classes as informative, thought provoking, engaging, empowering, and comforting.
* Focus on Pain Coping Practices
A strong emphasis is placed on helping you cultivate a pain-coping mindset, which is crucial to preparing for labor however you plan to birth. Together, we explore ways to work with these sensations of labor without creating suffering. The class includes active practice of pain-coping techniques along with demonstrations.
* Non-Judgmental Philosophy
This class prepares you for many of the scenarios of what birth can bring. I do my best to help you feel prepared and have all the resources you need to experience the birth you desire, as well as have practical tools to help you navigate the unexpected surprises should your birth be different than you hope. You have the opportunity to expand your understanding of birth in a supportive atmosphere.
* Rhythm of Birth & Postpartum Journey E-Courses and Community of Support
Being pregnant, you enter a whole new world! It is exciting and can feel overwhelming. You may be feeling a bit anxious as you anticipate your birth and the transition of having a baby. This is normal! While getting cozy in your home, you will get the tools and guidance you need to feel confident and ready to birth and care for your baby! You have personal access to me through messenger, e-mail, and live video calls to get your questions answered and to meet your unique needs.
You will learn:
- Valuable ways to cope with the pain of labor without experiencing suffering so you can enjoy the moment, feel at peace, and enjoy your labor!
- All the practical information you need to feel 100% ready and informed for your birth.
- Ways to transition from pregnancy to postpartum.
- How to prepare your heart emotionally and mentally to become a new parent.
- How to gain confidence in mothering and caring for your baby.
- How to care for your mind and body from birth and postpartum professionals.
- HOw to gain peace of mind and embrace a blissful postpartum!
Join a community of other mothers through live calls and a secret Facebook group. We all need a tribe and support as we become parents!
Sneak Peek Inside Rhythm of Birth & Postpartum Journey Online Courses
*Doula clients receive a discount on courses. When you register for doula support, you will get a coupon code.
*Refresher Classes- Birthin' Again classes honor what you already know about birth.
You have traveled your Birth Journey at least once and now your family is growing – If you are like many other parents, you did a lot of preparation for your first birth, but in the midst of the demands of parenthood, you may have found very little time and energy to focus on this birth.
Birthin' Again is a refresher class for all parents who have given birth before and are preparing for your next child -- regardless of what type of preparation you did for previous births. Birthin' Again classes are tailored to the couples participating.
They may include:
- Processing your previous birth experience(s)
- An assessment of what worked last time
- Mindfulness/pain-coping practices
- Ideas for celebrating this pregnancy and birth and creating your birth space.
- A short review of the physical workings of labor and birth
- Going deeper to explore your hopes, joys, worries, and emotional processes around birth and parenting again.
- Honoring yourself as a re-emerging mother or father
- Preparing siblings for birth and postpartum changes.
"The essence of childbirth preparation is self-discovery, not assimilating obstetric information. I acknowledge that pain is an integral part of childbirth, but much can be done to ease suffering. Childbirth is a profound rite of passage, not a medical event (even when medical care is part of the birth)." - Pam England