Rhythm of Birth Offers 2 Service Packages + Childbirth/Postpartum Preparation Courses
“One of the best decisions my husband and I made was to choose Shalene as our Doula. Her contribution to our daughter’s birth was invaluable.” - New Mother
1) Standard Package- Doula Support & Bodywork
Total Investment: $800
- 1 Free initial interview to meet and discuss my role at your birth. I encourage your husband or partner to be there.
- 1-2 Prenatal visits: this is the time in which I gather more important information; discuss your plans for birth; talk about fears and concerns; and practice pain coping, and other comfort measures. I strongly encourage Doula clients to take my childbirth classes where you will learn pain coping practices and to prepare your heart and mind to give birth, the "Standard Package". Taking my class will greatly enhance the support I provide during your labor.
- 24/7 on call support by phone or e-mail ten days prior to the beginning of labor.
- Continuous support at the onset of labor (If an emergency arises and I am unavailable to attend your birth, I will arrange for a back-up Doula.)
- Aromatherapy, hydrotherapy, massage, and pain coping support during labor and delivery.
- A beautiful wooden birth stool, birth ball, massage tools, and many other tools in my bag available to support your birth.
- After the birth, I offer breastfeeding support and postpartum care for one to two hours after birth.
- Two postpartum visits/calls, one in the hospital 1-2 days after the baby is born and one visit or phone call in your home at 1-2 weeks.
- Two, one hour, bodywork sessions (1 prenatal and 1 postpartum). Additional sessions $55 each.
NOTE: I encourage all Doula clients to register for my childbirth and postpartum preparation courses as the processes and pain coping practices gained will enhance my support during your birth.
*I believe every woman deserves a Doula. If finances are a problem, please contact me and we can discuss a plan.
2) Deluxe Package- INCLUDING Birth Photography
Total Investment: $1250
- Comprehensive Services listed in above packages plus Birth Photography- Laura Swift Photography- Shooting From The Heart- I will contact Laura during your labor at an appropriate time to capture your little one emerge into the world! Laura will work with you after the birth to capture creative memories of this special day in your lives.
- Please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure her availability for you birth! Let her know I am your Doula and you are paying for this package. To view more of her work visit: Birth Photography
A retainer fee of $300 is due at your first prenatal appointment (not the interview). The balance (depending on your package) is due at your last prenatal appointment. My normal service area is a 30 mile radius, if you live beyond that travel fees may apply.
3) Online Childbirth & Postpartum Courses
When you register for Doula Support, you will receive a coupon code for 55% off online courses.
Courses Fees: (Registering separate from a Doula package)
Not local? I offer private Phone or Skype sessions personalized to your needs and interests to prepare you for your birth. Fee- $50 per 60 minutes. We can discuss what you would like to learn and know from what I teach in my classes as well as how a partner can support you during your birth. Contact me to schedule your session.
Gift Certificates: Doula Support and Childbirth/Postpartum Courses make great items to add to your "Wish List" for baby shower or Mother Blessing gifts!
*Payments can be made via credit card from the registration page (a processing fee applies) or via check.
Please make checks payable to: "Rhythm of Birth".
If you are sending via mail, send to:
Rhythm of Birth
C/O Shalene Massie
2840 Seven Mile Tree Rd.
Christiansburg, VA 24073