Mother Blessing Planning
"The wisdom and compassion a woman can intuitively experience in childbirth can make her a source of healing and understanding for other women." -Stephen Gaskin
The Mother Blessing Ceremony or "Blessingway" is a mother-centered ceremony that honors a woman as she prepares to make the beautiful transition into motherhood. This tradition has Native American roots and has evolved into a modern ceremony for birthing women, often taking the place of a conventional baby shower.
This ceremony brings a spiritual element to birth preparation and encircles the mother-to-be with love and support from other women. Within this circle of women, she is honored for who she is, for giving the gift of life, and for who she will become as she begins the new journey as a mother. She is blessed and honored for her beauty and her strength, and is continually reminded of her connection to her creator and to all women.
The Mother Blessing is a beautiful, sacred, and fun celebration and can be adapted to any spiritual tradition or belief system.
Planning a Mother Blessing includes:
- A meeting to discuss your vision & wishes for the Mother Blessing. I am available to meet with the mother-to-be or if the Mother Blessing is being sponsored by friends & family, we can have a group discussion.
- Creating a guest list, designing, & sending out Evite invitations. I am available to coordinate the designing & sending out of traditional mailings as well. Separate fees will apply for materials.
- Planning the event, rituals, and activities. Special extras like henna tattoos and belly casting can be arranged, however, separate fees may apply.
- Facilitating the ceremony and the circle at the venue of your choice (usually a private home is the coziest atmosphere).
- Organizing the food and refreshments.
Click here to read my blog post and get a better picture of a Mother Blessing ceremony.
Please contact me for more information on how to make this transition a special one.