Prenatal and Postpartum Bodywork
Nurturing the Mother Prenatal & Postpartum Bodywork
Certified by: Claire Marie Miller
"Nurturing the Mother" utilizes a comfortable, secure side-laying position to avoid undue pressure on a growing abdomen and the lower back. Mothers are completely supported by pillows, keeping top hip, knee and ankle on the same level to avoid pulling on the sacroiliac joint and to maximize blood and lymph circulation.
When you make the payment, I will send you an e-mail with the link to schedule your session!
- Calming strokes for deep muscle relaxation, tension release and increased circulation
- Gentle range-of-motion and stretching movements to relieve pressure through neck, shoulders, rib cage, lower back and hips, and to promote greater strength flexibility and balance
- Deep tissue work in the hip and gluteal area to help alleviate chronic lower back and hip pain
- Abdominal strokes for round ligament pain, to support digestion, increased circulation to the placenta and baby.
- Increase awareness of the baby. The baby will feel and benefit from these strokes.
- Lymph drainage strokes to reduce pregnancy induced edema
- Cranial-sacral and polarity therapy for physical/psychological/emotional/spiritual centering
- Acupressure and reflexology techniques shown to be effective in treating many common pregnancy related complaints
Research has shown prenatal bodywork:
- Helps control blood pressure
- Strengthens the immune system
- Directly affects the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system, reducing stress and its consequences for mother and baby
- Alleviates anxiety and depression
- Strengthens muscles in preparation for labor and delivery
- Allows for deeper breathing and a better night's sleep
- Maintains body posture and balance
- Reduces postpartum depression